Home Care Nurse Competency Standards
Able to perform basic maintenance:
- Bathing patients all positions: in bed, sitting, in the bathroom.
- Caring: false teeth, nails, hair, prevention dikubitus patients (injury) for a long snooze.
- Measuring vital signs: blood pressure, body temperature, respiration, heart rate.
- Measuring fluid balance: inputs, outputs.
- Measure: Height, Weight, Circle stomach.
- Doing action: glycerin spray, wind chimneys, issued a bowel movement manually, put a condom catheters, wound care for dry sterile.
- Giving drugs through: vagina, ears, nose, eyes, anus, skin.
- Adjust the position of the patient: sitting, half-sitting according to the patient’s condition.
- Train patients: walking, getting out of bed, the patient effective coughing, deep breaths.
- Hose feed through.
- Helping the patient to vomit.
- Able to perform maintenance junior level.
- Perform tests to detect dengue fever.
- Installing cateter in women and men.
- Installing the sonde to include food / medicine.
- Installing infusion.
- Understanding the reasons infusion and able to do the monitoring.
- Huknah can perform high and low.
- Caring decubitus with sizable cuts (grade 11).
- Can calculate the appropriate advisory drip doctor.
- Caring for artificial anus.
- Injected with a variety of ways.
- Preventing complications of prolonged bed rest.
- Taking action shaved for surgery and wound care for hygiene.
- Doing suction / aspiration of fluid in the respiratory tract as well as the others.
- Able to perform maintenance medium level.
- Provide food through the hose (sonde).
- Caring for patients with tracheotomy.
- Suck mucus through tracheostomi.
- Shortening and lifting drain.
- Care puncture location CVP (Central Venous Catheter).
- Being able to measure CVP.
- Being able to install the ECG.
- Ability to operate equipment 2 health: syiringe pump, infusion pump, ECG monitor
- Being able to assess the patient’s condition nd make suggestions regarding the patient’s condition either to the family or doctor.
- Able to perform senior level nursing skills.
- Being able to read an EKG.
- Capable of operating an ventiltor.