- Caring for/treat/handling patients who need assistance due to old aged or partially paralyzed
- Understanding care giver ‘s job description (the responsibilities and duties) , the patient ‘s needs, condition and rights as well as have knowledge of home health care
- Understanding the excellent service to patients and families.
- Understanding the psychology of the elderly and the sick.
- Accompany patient during his/her activities such as taking a walk, sunbathing
- Becoming patient ‘s friend
- Bathing a patient in bed or in the bathroom or in a wheelchair, brushing patient‘s teeth, washing the patient’s hair.
- Helping patients when he /she defecate or urinate.
- Measuring body temperature, blood pressure, pulse, breathing and able to find abnormalities of the examination results.
- Measuring weight and height
- Preparing and serving food for the patients
- Operate wheelchair
- Transfer patient from bed to wheelchair and vice versa.
- Installation of oxygen.
- Know how to‘s clean patient room such as cleaning the mirror, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the toilet and bathroom etc.
- Recording patient; s data such as complain of the pain, examination/test result, dose, medical treatment, abnormalities/exception found, doctor‘s advice etc.
- Dose medicine through mouth, ointment
More skillful than junior caregiver as she/he is experienced in treating/taking care of patient at home as well as in hospital or clinic./both at home and hospital/clinic
- Having competency of junior level. /mastering junior level competency
- Provide food through hose (Sonde).
- Mobilization of patients who were paralysis.
- Prevent decubitus sores.
- Provide installation of equipment nebulizer to deliver steam to loosen the tightness of respiratory patients.
- Install & Operate nebulizer device to relieve patients with shortness of breath (claustrophobia)
- Capable of treating patient with catheter
- Capable of treating patients with condom catheter.
- Capable of medicines through mouth, ointments, nasal drops, ear drops as directed.
- More experienced with competency skill as follow:
- Intermediate level of competency
- Skillful in decubitus wound care
- Capable of handling fussy/difficult character patient
- Capable of handling difficult/complicated patients such as: total paralysis, desperate due to prolonged illness, fretful/fussy treatment of diabetes patients who need insulin injection